Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pukeko Babies


Youth class (12-18 year olds) in our New Plymouth LDS branch, taught by Br. Coward

We have pukekos living in our yard.   Maybe a ruru, too.  They have similar night calls.
This isn't my photo, but this is really what they look like!
I felt lucky to see a mother pukeko with three little chicks coming out of the bush one afternoon this week.

Another friendly moment with a wild thing...

Joyce finds a friendly butterfly

Sage

Noah and Oak make doughnuts.
Danny makes no-bake cookies...2 batches this week so far....


I found a note from my secret pal on my pillow one night...


Not an unusual occurrence.  I feel very thankful to have been receiving love notes from kids fairly constantly over the last 15 years, or since the time that Noah first learned to write.  It's a happy way to live!

Book of the week:

I read this because Danny is reading it for his English class.  It's a dystopian novel with a  New Zealand connection, which seems important for school teachers here in all different disciplines. 




1 comment:

  1. Don't know which I like best. The love notes, the exotic birds or the good cooking going on in your kitchen. The love notes say a lot about you as a mother, but then so do the others. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete