Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Goodbye, Opa

  
We will miss you, Opa.
Gail B. Duncan



First day of school for the boys...

Oak, year 10

Noah, year 13, received his tiger jacket on Wednesday...

and Friday/Saturday, went on the first adventure team training of the new school year.  
I love this picture!

Noah is the tall guy..."what a boss!"  

Meanwhile, Danny, year 11, hosted a big party, got braces, and he also got a lot of piano practicing done.  He's working on the Ravel Toccata and Waldstein Sonata.  

Seminary started this week.  6:30AM at the church.  Yours truly as the teacher.  6 registered students this year.  It feels like the beginning of a long trek - I'm excited for the great views along the way.


Books of the Week

Read-aloud for the girls - their favorite so far.
They cheered at the ending.
Interesting to read about a world before sunscreen and before politically correct roles for girls and boys...!

Thanks, Nana and Gramps! 
Before reading this book, I had never once considered the intersection of Mormons and Mao Tse-tung- era China.  


3 comments:

  1. Holly, I read about Mikes Grandpa on Facebook. Mike gave a very touching tribute to his OPA. I am happy that Mike can be at the funeral.
    Sounds like a beginning of another great year for all of you. Enjoy seminary - I am sure you are the best teacher ever. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the Jade Dragon Box. I remember enjoying that book very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, thanks for believing in me!
    Katie, good to hear from a fellow reader!

    ReplyDelete