Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Grocery Store That Changed My Life

Sage spotted these birds in our backyard last week, and Mike captured the moment by taking a picture.


My #1 goal for the week - clean out the girls' room.  Old toys and heaps of too-small clothes are making it difficult to keep clean.




Noah and Oak are going to Tonga on Thursday!  They will be back again the following Monday.

They will be staying with the parents of a friend from our ward (I hope, anyway.  Communication has been spotty....)

They are going to Tonga mainly to renew Noah's USA drivers' license.  A US citizen can drive on a USA license for 1 year after entering the country, so Noah has to re-enter NZ in order to keep using his USA license here.  Oak is going along to keep him company.


Danny is going to Wellington on a band trip, and also practicing for the concert the following weekend.

The grocery store that changed my life is called Countdown.  I have been shopping at Countdown all year, without realizing that they have a fantastic home delivery option.

On Thursday, I entered my loyalty card number on the computer, which immediately pulled up all the groceries I buy in any order I might want (frequency purchased, aisle, sales, etc.)  I clicked on the items that I wanted.  I gave personal instructions for picking out produce and was informed about all the sales.  I paid for almost $300-worth of groceries online, which were delivered to our kitchen table the next morning for $8.50NZD ($7.20USD)!  I couldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment