Sunday, August 10, 2014

How to Celebrate Your 1-Year Anniversary in New Zealand


Oak and Mercy baked a cake from scratch.  Before eating the cake, we sang America's and New Zealand's National Anthems, accompanied by YouTube karaoke.  


Sage got her ears pierced on Friday, something she's been wanting for a few years.  

To celebrate Sage's bravery, girls and I each picked out something from the Bangles shop in the mall.
Joyce got a headband, something she's been wanting for a few weeks.

Mercy got a triple set of matching necklaces that said "Best" "Friends" "Forever" and gave one to each of her sisters.

It's interesting to me how I can be so pleased with Sage having the courage to go through with something she's been wanting for so long, but, at the same time, equally pleased with Mercy, who doesn't want to get her ears pierced.  I'm glad that, in this case, they know what they want.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so consistent with this blog Hol. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikaela doesn't want hers pierced either! She's actually tried a couple times and then keeps getting scared right as she is about to get the poke. She has finally decided it's just not worth the pain, and she's fine with that. I'm proud of her too for accepting herself, I can relate :).

    ReplyDelete