Sunday, June 10, 2018

Phases of Life

Here are the phases of my mother-life, categorized by the bits and pieces:

We went through a lengthy lego and marble phase.













It wasn't that my boys played marbles or legos excessively, but just that there were several YEARS when these little pieces constantly turned up in the darndest places.  

There seemed to be some secret, never-ending supply.



Legos and marbles gradually morphed into a nerf-gun-bullet phase.



I no longer see lego pieces or nerf gun bullets, and only rarely do I find a marble, but this is what I have now:  elastic hair bands and water bottles.

They turn up in corners when I sweep, in the laundry, on every counter,
on the floor of the car, and in the bottom of drawers.



Water bottles (or 'drink bottles') are especially likely to congregate in the car, in cubbies, and near the kitchen sink, but appear every which place in between.







I wonder what's next?


Next week:  more on the NPBHS 2018 Ball






Books of the week:

Working on A Gentleman from Moscow by Amor Towles and Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson.

No comments:

Post a Comment