Saturday, May 21, 2016

Transitions: No More Kids at Home!?

Sage and Joy, walking toward school

Joy, like all NZ kids, started school on the first weekday after her 5th birthday.
Joy's first day at school

What will I do without any more little kids at home during the school day?  



Day 1, go up the mountain with Sue for a hike:


first snow just a few days later

But since my hiking day, I feel like all I've been doing is family secretarial work!  If I wait to get caught up, I might never do anything but manage paperwork/scheduling with my "new" time during the school day! 

Like all major transitions, it seems surprisingly normal to have Joyce go off to a full-day of school.  

Graduating from high school, getting married, Mike leaving for Afghanistan, my youngest child in school...these were all BIG days that loomed in the future ahead of me, but which seemed more normal than I expected once they happened.  Not that they weren't wonderful days . . . just that I was still the same "me," I guess....  More normal than I expected!  

I hope dying will be the same kind of transition someday.


Book of the Week:


Girls and I enjoyed this read-aloud 


No comments:

Post a Comment