Sunday, February 21, 2016

When a Desert Girl Weeds in New Zealand...

How can I wrap my mind around the fact that these red flowers and the white and purple ones in the following pictures, are supposed to be my enemies?   I've heard them each called "weeds" in the past couple of weeks.  





I tried weeding the patch by our front door in preparation for BBQ/Swim bash for Noah and Cory and friends.  It felt like a fiasco!  I have very little power of discernment here.  Gardening seems topsy-turvy when plants like the giant lily grows as a weed by the side of the road.
.
We watched Noah's plane until it disappeared into the clouds.  His last week before his mission was the best ever - mountain and beach, mermaid lagoon, netball, farewell from the branch, BBQ with friends, finishing off our 1000K running chart...

When I jokingly asked if we should pick up a hitchhiker on the way to the temple,
the other Relief Society ladies said, "sure!" without blinking an eye.
I swallowed my surprise, and we had a nice conversation
with young man going to a meditation retreat in Auckland.


My guest blogger, Jess, married in the temple!  What a girl!

1000K
10,000 push-ups














No comments:

Post a Comment