Monday, June 22, 2015

Chamber Music New Zealand

Last week was full of chamber music.  Chamber Music NZ sponsors professional chamber music groups that tour the country every other month.  



I took Mercy to a concert on Tuesday night where I'd been asked to give the pre-concert lecture.  


Chamber Music NZ also sponsors an annual chamber music competition that has a very strong following around the country.  I spent 1 hour coaching each of the student groups in Taranaki that entered the Chamber Music NZ competition - 20 groups all together.  Very fun job!

Oak's chamber music group

 The actual competition was on Friday night.  Mike and I took the adjudicator, a well-known pianist from Wellington, out to lunch before the competition.


Music Friends
more music friends...

Danny's chamber music group
Oak's group, Haydn FM trio.
Danny's group - Cui, 5 Dances

Other members of the family...
Noah - lots of dance practices for the Girls High Ball coming up this Saturday.
Joyce - excited to read her first Bob Books!
Mike - doing his part to realign boundaries of the LDS branches in the Taranaki District

Book of the Week:

I enjoyed this book!  And my family enjoyed hearing the stories (or being reminded of the stories) as I made my way through this book.    





No comments:

Post a Comment