Monday, October 20, 2014

Beethoven's Shadow



I had the pleasure of taking Danny to play in the Piano Nationals this weekend, held in Palmerston-North.  


I loved having Mercy and Oak, the other principal pianists in the house, come along too.



We listened to 10 hours of incredible, live piano playing over a two-day period.  Kids found that they like listening to Bach Preludes more than Bach Fugues, and that Beethoven's Appassionata Sonata gets more amazing every time you hear it.

This short audio book hit the spot on the way home:
Biss shares his hopes and fears about recording the complete Beethoven sonatas


Also finished an epic audio book this week:




This book has been my running partner for the last 6 months or so.  It's not my usual genre, but (for me) it passes Nana's test of a good book, which is that it makes me want to be a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment