Sunday, March 10, 2019

Some People

We've tried to communicate how much we'd love to host any family or friends who wanted to visit us in New Zealand.  Hopefully you all know how welcome you are! 




I felt honoured that three of my long-time friends visited last month.  It was such a special visit for me, for so many reasons that I'll never be able to put into words. 


Jen, optimistic, intelligent, curious, active in both mind and body, and who arrived in time to sing a memorable musical number in our branch. 


Intuiting the casual pose


Melissa, a unique combination of thoughtful, humble, and can-do.  I've never enjoyed jumping in the sea with anyone more than you!  




HollyS would have gladly entered an adventure race with me if we'd had time, and she jumped at the chance to walk across a wire bridge.  Holly loves gardens and trees, but her most vibrant interest is in the people around her.



One especially memorable moment for me was seeing hundreds glowworms in the bush at the end of the Timber Trail.  We finished in the dark, or else we would have missed this magical scene. 



All three of these friends are unusual, extraordinary, and precious to me.  I loved showing New Zealand to them.




Links to previous reunions:
Capitol Reef 2018
London 2017
Palm Springs 2016/17
Michigan 2015
Hawaii 2014





No comments:

Post a Comment