Monday, October 6, 2014

Once a Year



Some of the best things in life happen once a year:  Christmas, Family reunions, Anniversaries, Springtime, Last day of school.... and my annual reunion with 3 amazing college friends.

This year we met in HAWAII, a midpoint, of sorts, between our current homes.  One of my friends grew up in Hawaii, so we also managed to keep our tradition of visiting one of our hometowns.
Jen and her 7 siblings were raised in this house in Laie

Spam and Rice for breakfast, anyone?
Our Local Girl showed us how to find ripe guava while hiking














I forgot about the international date line and arrived one day early.  One of the biggest travel mistakes I've made!


I tried to get the quintessential picture of each of my friends, but kept getting distracted by swimming and great conversations.  These pictures may not be exactly quintessential, but they sure remind me of happy times.

Jen, from Boise, ID


Melissa from Palo Alto, CA




Exfoliating scrub


Holly S. from Portland, OR

Picture taken at the Polynesian Cultural Center, which we loved
Forgot her swimsuit on a long, hot hike.  Who cares?
Watching sea turtles in the water

...and me, Holly J.

It's cold at first...
Happy now
I feel very, very thankful to have such inspiring, loving friends.  

Books

Read Aloud for Girls

I feel so betrayed!  I grew up at the height of the no-fat, high-carb trend.  







No comments:

Post a Comment